Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 9, 2012

This is a good experience for Monday. AKA Humanity is lost!

Okay... this is gonna be a rant.  It's one of those "people totally suck" type things but there is a happy ending.

So, I was at the drive up teller machine at the bank and I got stuck two cars behind the guy who gets out of his car to go to the DRIVE UP TELLER MACHINE!  But nooooo, not only was he THAT GUY he was also the guy who does ALL OF HIS BANKING AT THE DRIVE UP TELLER MACHINE AND DOESN'T EVEN DRIVE UP PREPARED!!!

So, he's an overall jerk.  He was an older/ middle aged white guy with a candy apple red rag top corvette, (probably that 80's model).  Anyway, he was leaning up against the teller machine signing checks, then inserting them into the machine, printing a receipt, reading the receipt and then repeating the process TWO MORE TIMES!!!  I hate him.  It's official.

I had no happy place to go.  I was boiling over.  This is my lunch break.  Why can't you be PREPARED when you get to the ATM?  Where did you learn how to drive?  Can you really not get your car six inches from the machine?  How about a foot?  I see your long gangly arms leaning up against the ATM.  YOU COULD REACH!!!! 

I tried to play Words With Friends on my phone, to distract myself from the torment, but all I had was R,R,R,U,N,N,S.  First off, there is NOTHING I can do with those letters, and secondly, I had not realized until just now what those letters spelled out.  Gross....

And all five radio stations I can tolerate in town were in a commercial break... yeah, that's right... ALL FIVE!!!!

"WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO THE WORLD!!!!" is all I could think.

My only saving grace was that between his car and mine was a middle aged lady in a brown-ish minivan.  I felt a kinship with her.  I felt that she and I were somehow bonding over this whole experience.  I had a buffer between the jerk and myself but she was having to watch it first hand.  I was certain her blood was boiling.

"We're gonna get through this you and me" I said to her as I made the whaddya gonna do hands as I cocked my head a little to the right and made the face that goes with it.  You know the face, where you smirk on one side and kind of look up to the right whilst pulling your head into your shoulders in a sort of shlump.   Yup, that's the one.

I don't know if she saw me, and I know she couldn't hear me, but I knew she felt what I was feeling and she knew we would make it!  The three cars behind me? I don't know.  I couldn't help them.  As far as I was concerned, it was just me and brown-ish minnie van against the evil world of middle-aged-red-corvette-out-of-the-car guy.  I hate that guy.

Finally he was done.  He got back into his car and still had to organize himself.  Of all the nerve!  Not me buddy.  When I'm at the ATM, I don't even take the time to put my card back in my wallet.  I just drive off and do it when I am clear and the person behind me can pull in.  Why am I not like Marcootcg (middle-aged-red-corvette-out-of-the-car guy) you might ask? Because I am a considerate human being just like, I can only assume, brownish-minnie van.  As if to add insult to injury he put his car in reverse and almost backed into my comrade in arms, BMV (minnie van).  Poor lady.

I was amazed at her restraint.  She did not honk or even swear.  She didn't even acknowledge him.  Ohhhhh she was to be applauded for the peace she has achieved within herself.  I can learn from her.  She is a good person.

Then the unthinkable happened.  My observations were as follows as best as I can recall.

"Ohhhh brownish-minnie van lady, I am so proud of you.  What, what are you doing?  Oh you poor soul.  Marcootcg took so long that you just have to drive right through and go back to your... no, no wait, you've stopped?  Why have you stopped just past the ATM.  You're opening your... door?  But, but why?  You're getting OUT?!?!?  YOU'RE WALKING BACK TO THE ATM?!?!?"

She was one of THEM!!!!  She walked to the ATM and inserted her card, signed a check, deposited it and took her card back out.  Then she walked to her devil van and got a different card!!! "Hisssssssss" I could feel my soul about to explode with a steam of HATE!!!!  She returned to the ATM, inserted a card and withdrew cash. 

I felt so betrayed.  I could not believe I ran into two of those horrible etiquette ATM types...  After getting her cash, she returned to her van and spent some time there.  I could not pull up and she just sat there.  I guess she was organizing her belongings.  I don't know.  I was too broken to even care.  She finally drove away.

I drove up, inserted my card from within my vehicle and deposited my already signed check.  Then I went to withdraw some cash and saw the message:

"Sorry this ATM is temporarily unable to supply cash."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

SHE TOOK THE LAST OF THE CASH!!!!!

I started the laugh of the crazy people as I drove away.  I only had to drive about a half a mile to get to the next branch of my bank and there I was able to withdraw cash, but the damage had been done and it had been done very well!

I could not believe how awful and misleading people can be.  I think the woman in the devil-van was much worse than Marcootcg.  He was upfront with his jerkish nature driving his Corvette as if my truck is soooo beneath him.... but WiDV (woman in devil van) was so misleading in her demeanor and presentation.  She was pure evil.

I got my cash and I returned to work a little less hopeful for humanity.

Yeah, so what, I lied about the happy ending.  Sometimes things just suck!

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment