Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 15, 2012

I've got a case of the Sundays.

It is Sunday.  My biggest plan for the day is to vacuum the house today. 

It appears my dog feels she is a a gremlin and she is leaving little fur balls around the house in the hopes that they will sprout and turn into little clones of her.  I think her efforts are in vain.  First off, she did not get wet in an effort to sprout these little balls.  Secondly, she didn't eat dinner until after midnight and nothing happened.  She did not turn into a hideous scary dog even with eating so late.  She just got sleepy.

I get sleepy after eating too.

The movie Gremlins scared me when it first came out.  I don't do well with scary movies.  I was terrified to give our dog a bath at all after that point.  We had this borderline rat dog thing that I was sure could be a real gremlin.  So, getting her wet would've been catastrophic.  Luckily, as I was a child, none of us stayed up late enough to feed the dog after midnight.  So we were good there.

But my imagination ran wild and I was still scared.  That fear still resides within me.  I know that I am at least safe with my current dog.  She has yet to spawn other minions during any bath, and of course, last night was the first time she ate after midnight and nothing bad has happened, yet.

Other farily improbable scary movies scared me as well as a child.  But that fear has kept me alive!

I remember when I first saw the movie Orca I was afraid to be in a swimming pool.  I am not certain why I would think this, but I was petrified that an orca could appear in the pool with me at any second and attack me.  Sure, this isn't really rational thinking, but what orca is thinking rationally if it's willing to get into a swimming pool. 

All I know is that, I didn't swim in the pool for a while and I was not attacked by an orca.  So, my reasoning was sound and I am safe.

So, as I sit here blogging, I am watching Jaws.  Luckily, I do not have to get in any large bodies of water today.  However, after vacuuming all of these dog hair tumble weeds up I am going to need a shower.

You don't think a Great White Shark could slip in through my shower head do you? 

An irrational Great White may try.  It might be worth it for the shark to try. 

I'm pretty sure I'm delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment