Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 8, 2012

I'm trying again today.

I failed miserably at doing nothing yesterday.

I'm quite disappointed with myself for cleaning my bath tub and the all of the kid toys in the tub.

And then, as if to punish myself for being more productive than I had wished, I opted to be even more productive and take on an infuriating task. So, being in my bathroom, I opted to dismantle the plumbing to my bathroom sink and clean the line. I've had a very slow draining sink for quite some time.

I had to remove two PVC pipes, one from the wall and the other little "u" shaped PVC pipe that keeps the bad odors from coming out of your sink.

Then I cleaned up the puddle I made under my sink. Well it came from the pipes. I didn't pee under my sink. You're sick you know that?

Then I shoved a "rooter" type wire spinny thing about 10 feet down the line. I pulled it back out and, voila! Hair and awful smelling black liquid came out of the pipe. The hair fell to the ground and the liquid went everywhere.

So this was fun.

I put the pipes back together and ran water in my sink to confirm I had completed the task and, voila! No such luck!

And now the pipes were leaking too! I was overjoyed with frustration at my level of productivity.

Soooooo.... Dismantle pipes, again.... Shove rooter in pipes... Fifteen or so feet... Grumble about productivity.... Spin rooter and pull... Pull harder.... Puulllll.... Pull one lat time....

I greatly regret getting eye level to the pipe in the wall at his point.

The amount of sulfur tasting black ooze liquid that came out gave my face a shade I've never quite seen on a human. Al Jolson would be proud at how ignorant I looked.

I smelled very much bad as well.

Another wad of hair came out too. So, I decided that if this didn't do it. I was done.

I put it all back together. I puttied the pipes at the wall. I ran water in the sink. IT DIDN'T DO IT! I was done.

But at least the pipes didn't leak!

I spent the next hour cleaning up me and the bathroom. I could NOT get rid of smell very easily.

Then it dawned on me!

I removed the stopper from my sink. That was soooooo nasty.

The base of the stopper was coated in a slimy ooze of... You know what, it was gross.

My sink runs great now. But I am still a failure at doing nothing.

But I am going to make another attempt at doing nothing.

Right...

Now!

1 comment: