Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 25, 2012

I'm so disgusted with my body!

4 am came early today my friends.

I don't get it. Why would my body do that to me?

It's been doing this to me all week!

I think it is mad at me for coming back from vacation. On my vacation I slept really late most days. Seriously, one morning I slept until like 7:35. You don't know how big of deal that is for me. That was a little over 8 hours of sleep. 8 hours is my normal limit. More than 8 and I don't feel great!!! Yeah, that was cheesy and not entirely true, but it popped in my head so I typed it.

Since I got back from vacation the latest I slept until was 5:20 yesterday morning. Most of the week I was up before 5. After yesterday's "late" rising (no shining) I assumed that my body was getting back into it's sleep routine and that I would soon start sleeping late again.

"Tomorrow is the weekend. Surely I'll sleep late!" I thought to myself. However, my body did not concur.

At 4 this morning my body simply woke up. So I got out of bed and read for an hour and then climbed back in bed desperately wanting to convince my body that it was very much wrong about this 4 am wake up. However, my body would have nothing to do with it!

I tried to fall asleep again, but my body would make me roll over to my other side so I could get "comfy." But my body isn't fooling me. It's not after comfort. Nope, it just wanted me to roll over and wake up before I could fall back to sleep.

The next time my body told me to roll over, I ignored it and stayed put. I think I started falling asleep because I thought I was at lunch with my little girl for just a second. But then my body got me up and sent me to the bathroom. Touché body!

So, I gave up and I got up. I fed the dog, made coffee, folded laundry, put another load of laundry into the dryer, opened windows, went outside with the dog and finally at 6:45, I started typing this.

At the rate I'm already going, I just pray that my body wants a good long nap later. Granted, the dog is thrilled with my body this am! At least someone is.

No comments:

Post a Comment