Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 12, 2012

And this time I MEANT IT... maybe.

I think I'm going to do it.  I'm pretty sure I will.  At the very least, I'm going to try. 

Please forgive me, but I have to.

I'm going to take a break from blogging for a little while; perhaps a week, perhaps a day.  I don't know.  I really can't say.

I am actually going to take a vacation.  I have not done this for a very long time.  Well, I've taken long weekends, but not a true week of vacation in over five years.  The timing is never quite right for this sort of thing.

I will be spending a week with my little girl and some other V.I.P.s. I need this.

Of course, I'll most likely still write every day, but I don't even know if I'll have internet reception.  I know that is hard to believe.  No cell reception?  No wi-fi?  However can one live?  The truth is, I don't know.

I remember back in the early 80's watching an episode of "Ray Bradbury Theater" on PBS, because "Skinemax" didn't exist yet!  The episode was about a man in a future society who was seen as going insane.  In this world of tomorrow everyone had a little device with them at all times so that they could always be reached.  They could type on it, talk to people on it and be seen through a camera on it.  The man going crazy threw his away because he just wanted peace and quiet and less stress.

We'll back in the early 80's such a device was plain old nerdy sci-fi (which we called science fiction) talk.  It was insane pointless drivel to concern ourselves with the concept of actually having one little device on your belt that could keep you in touch and informed at all times. "Popycock" we would say and I don't even know what that means let alone why would say it; but we did.

Well, thirty years later, I am that crazy person.  As it turns out, I have this little device that I have with me at all times that I can type on, talk to people with, see people, read news, play games and plan my day on.  I am sure none of you have such a device and that makes me special; right?  There are times that I just want it to go away; especially this morning at 6 am when my sci-fi nerd device chimed to tell me that a family members birthday is tomorrow....  I hate it, I hate, I hate it (the device, not the birthday)!  And I'm going to keep on hating it until I buy the newest version which is supposed to come available in October.  Then I'll hate that one!  Oooooooooh, I can hardly wait!!!

Yup... Pathetic.

Sooooooo,  I may or may not be finally taking a break from daily blogging.  While I'm gone, I would like you to do me a favor.  Please go back and re-read some of the posts.  When you finish, check one of the boxes at the bottom and let me know what you think.  It's a "reaction" type thing which is a whole "like, eh, and dislike" type thing.  It lets me know what's worth talking about.  Of course you don't have to do this; it's not like it's for credit.  I'm just trying to decide if I even want to keep the "reaction bar," as it is called, on my blog.

Also, please feel free to comment on things.  Your comments do not post automatically as I have to approve them.  I do not mind a critique/ negative comment, I'm only doing the whole approval thing in case someone says something offensive or down right rude.  Some of my closest friends are offensive or downright rude. If you just want to say something to me privately and this is the only way to reach me, by all means do so but specify that you do not want me to publish your comment.  Hell, feel free to tell me about yourself or at the very least where you're from.  I'm curious about who is actually getting a glimpse into the chaos that is my mind.

I know what your thinking "homework, seriously?"  Yeah...no, it's entirely up to you.  I'll keep putting stuff out there regardless.  It's just nice to know if making these thoughts public is worthwhile.

My "rat toothed" brain is going to continue to spew forth ponderings and I will have to take the time to type them out, but who knows when I'll actually post.  Yes, it's very sad, uncertain, confusing and somewhat frustrating, but in a good way.

1 comment:

  1. All good...take some time off. Give your brain a break!! As if that's possible...

    ReplyDelete