Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Damn Dog.

I was lying in bed.

I was peacefully asleep.

I've been sleeping later lately.

That's a good thing.

But, as it turned out (as it almost always turns out) the dog had some concerns.  So, she nudged me a few times and I ignored her.  But when I rolled over to ignore she opted to use her "ultimate weapon," which is pretty much her chewing on herself relentlessly.

It worked.

It's actually amazing how well that works.  Seriously, not just for dogs.  When I was in elementary school there was this kid named Lonnie or something like that (maybe Chuck) who, when the teacher would ignore him, would just lick his arm to the point of giving himself a hickey.  He'd totally get the teachers attention.  I don't know what ever happened to him.  He kind of disappeared from school after a while.

So anyway, I got up earlier than I was prepared to.

I followed the dog into the kitchen, tail wagging frantically all the while (hers not mine).  She led me to her food bowl and water bowl, both of which were empty.  I gave her some breakfast which is very exciting for her.  Essentially she eats twice a day and both meals are breakfast and as we all know, breakfast for dinner is cool!  I also filled up her water bowl.

She stood over her bowls watching every move I made.

When I was done, I swear to God she looked up at me and shrugged her shoulders as if to say "That's it? That didn't seem too hard.  K, thaaaaanks" and then she turned and went and climbed into my spot in the bed.

I honestly believe that she did this just to see if she could.  And what's really frustrating is that if I wanted to get up early one day to try to irritate her by waking her up early for absolutely NO REASON she would be thrilled!!!

Soooooo, I'm up. The dog and child are happily sleeping.

I guess that's not such a bad thing. Right?

Enjoy your Saturday folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment