Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 24, 2012

Chihuahua Loan Shark


I'm too tired to write so much today.  So, I'll keep it short.  At the very least you can understand where I'm coming from.

It was beautiful and cool outside this morning. The orange and pink rays of sunlight breaking over the horizon were radiating through the blue sky dotted with cirrus clouds drifting on the breeze. It was perfect for an early morning walk around the park.

About halfway into my walk, the strangest thing happened. A giant dog paw came down from the sky and started smacking me in the face. It was as though I was late in paying some loan shark the money I owed and his big giant dog had come to collect; so much violence for such a beautiful scene.

I kept closing my eyes hoping that the paw would simply go away but it would not.

I quickly shut and opened my eyes one last time when I realized that I was still in bed.
It was at that moment I also realized that my dog is not only a shylock, but she is also convinced that she is a chihuahua and standing on my face is an appropriate way to wake me up.

She is soooo very much wrong on both counts.

I am guessing that this was the dog's way of telling me that we weren't actually walking as she would really really like us to be.

So much for "sleeping in" today.  We just walked for 45 minutes....

No comments:

Post a Comment