Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Im overwhelmed by, STUFF!


I do not have a large house.

I do not want a large house.

My house isn't tiny either; it is perfect for me and all of my stuff.

I had a really big house once and didn't have enough stuff to fill it, so we had to buy more stuff, which was ridiculous. Then I pretty much got half the stuff... but that's a different story.

Anyway, in my current not large/ not small/ just right house, one of the stuff I appear to own, is actually some of my daughters stuff. It is her vanity.

Now, for those of you unfamiliar with girls and their stuff, a vanity is a somewhat uncomfortable and not so practical, but “pretty” desk with an attached mirror that you use to look at yourself when getting ready for something that you wish to look prettier than normal(?) for. You are absolutely NOT supposed to use it as a desk for writing or coloring on.

Essentially, it is a bathroom counter without plumbing, or a bathroom, and it is portable. I always thought “Vanity” was something people had within themselves. I also thought that song was about me (inside joke... as in a joke inside of me).

So, this morning, it was somewhat dark in my house as it is overcast outside and in my daughters room her curtains were drawn. When you walk from the kitchen in my house towards my room and bathroom, you walk straight towards her room. Through her open door, you see the mirror of her vanity.

This morning, I could just barely make out the reflection of a face in the vanity mirror. I froze and stared. Other than the dog, I was supposed to be the only one in the house. How did someone get into my house? Damn sweet friendly dog!!! The face was somewhat turned looking towards the door and by the reflection, I could tell that they were standing right next to the door waiting for me to enter.

I slowly approached my daughters room. I grabbed some of my stuff to aid me in my advance. The stuff I grabbed was a sword, which, if you are more familiar with things like vanities, is essentially a sharp pointy stick used to greet people and express your concerns about their proximity to your being!

I advanced, ready to greet whomever was was waiting for me. The dog seemed very thrilled with the shiny pointy stick I had retrieved from its mount high up on the wall. She was useless.

As if I were Cato I pounced into the child's room, and yes, I did in fact yell “HI-YAH!!!”
As it turns out, one of the “half of stuff” items that reside with me now is a four foot tall bear that typically sits lovingly in a rocking a chair by her door, but for some reason, my girl has apparently, quite recently, left it in more of a standing position. It is a scary bear.... it is a hairy bear (ahhhh, School House Rock how I miss you so). It was the face reflected in the mirror.

Anyway, the bear lived... the vanity makes less sense to me... the dog enjoyed the show... I've had too much coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment