Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 26, 2012

I'm too tired to think of a title for this one! Think of one yourself and let me know.

I had a post that I wanted to publish today but I simply couldn't muster up the energy to edit it.  So, you're getting this one.

It. Is. MONDAY!  It has been all day.  Not only is today Monday, but it is the "POST THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY WEEKEND" Monday; PTHW-Monday for short.

It's a very exhausting Monday.

I'm spent, but not from Holidaying for the most part.  My life is odd and all over the place. 

So, Thanksgiving Eve, I worked my "day job" and then took my Child down to Mom's for the holiday.  We made pies that night and helped Mom do stuff around the house.

Thanksgiving Day I made coffee n breakfast, which pretty much just involved heating stuff up, so there was ZERO challenge for me.  After a while I started to help make Mom's super secret traditional family stuffing but I got fired and replaced by my child.  When playing the "Grandma" role, no mother can be trusted to look out for her own child's best interest if it is more fun for the Grandchild.

Thanksgiving Day was kind of a blur from about 9 am until 8 pm.  I know I took my girl to my Sister's so she could help her make another pie (again, after I got knocked out of learning the secret stuffing) and then I drove some cakes back to Mom's from Sisters.... then I peeled a WHOLE BUNCH of potatoes both sweet and regular. 

Then, there was all the butter I had to bring up from the "garage fridge."  I am convinced that no dish on Thanksgiving is properly made unless an entire stick of butter has been used in each and every recipe... yes, even the green beans!

So, eventually we all six of us sat down for our huge meal of cleverly disguised butter both roasted and baked, oh yeah and mashed and sauteed.  Then we cleaned dishes.

Afterwards came 2 cakes and 3 pies (for six of us).  SO MUCH MORE BUTTER!!!  Somehow we managed to play a round of cards and watch a movie before giving into our onset of butter comas.

Friday AM, I got up, heated water through coffee grounds and heated up another breakfast.  The child and I went back home.  I went to work and she went to her Mother's due to the ever prevalent wisdom of divorce court and custody settlements... so healthy....

Friday night, I was still weak and sleepy from butter.  I slept. 

Saturday I got up and drove 3-ish hours to go do my "weekend job" and televise a football game.  Sure this game was between my alma mater and it's rival, but I really am non-biased in these games.  I love seeing my team win, of course, but all I really care about is that I really don't want the game to go into overtime, so I basically don't care who's winning in the end.  I just want a solid set up of gear during the day, a clean broadcast of the show and a quick strike!  I got just that, plus a win.

Of course, it was a late game and I did not get back to my car until closer to 1 AM and I did not get to my hotel until closer to 2 am.  I was tired.  The hotel served it's purpose but I did not sleep well.  It's not the hotels fault.  It's just that I sleep best in MY BED!!!

Up at 7 am for the drive home.  I got home close to ten.  I took a nap for about 30 minutes which did very little to restore my energy and probably did more damage to what little energy I did have.  Soooooo, I went ice skating.  Makes sense, right?

By 5 PM last night I seemed like I had been taking a steady diet of Xanax for a few days( I had not)...  but I did have very low energy, almost no emotion and not much care in the world.  I slept for 10 hours and the dog let me.

In fact the dog let me sleep later than normal and even seemed irritated with me when I woke her up this morning!!!  Apparently the trip to Grandma's (aka Moms) and the two days of play and one night sleepover she got to have at another house while I traveled was rather hard on her.  She was literally dog tired.  I could pick up her paw and just let it drop and she wouldn't even acknowledge me with the opening of an eye.  Nothing.

So, today I have been tired and have had no energy to think about anything other than how all over the place the last five days of my life have been.

Sooooooo... I typed about it.  Cuz' that's what I do.  It's how I roll!

I'm going back to bed real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment