Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Letter to Don and Swampy

They are going to make a movie of Phineas and Ferb!   This excites me more than many of you may know.... errrr... I mean, this excites my daughter more than any of you may ever know!  I'll just have to tell her first before I fully comprehend the level of her excitement!  I just hope that I (she) can wait a year or so before the movie is released in theaters.

As a parent I love the creativity of this show.  This is an ingenious program that really touches a child's imagination.  Also each episode has an entirely new soundtrack which consists of really catchy music.  The creative team on this show is, well, extremely creative!  And, as an adult who is comfortable watching children's programming, it's a really good show for all the same reasons.

It's almost, too good!

Whereas in my childhood my parents were concerned that I might lure someone out into the desert with bird feed and then try to push a boulder off of a cliff in an effort to "take them out," I am curious as to what deviousness the makers of Phineas and Ferb are trying to create within my child.

I wrote a letter to them a few months back to address just that:

Dear Don and "Swampy," (a.k.a. the creators of Phineas and Ferb),

Please stop putting ideas into my daughters head.

In the past few weeks, she has become more and more obsessed with the idea of turning some simple canned meat into "rampagey meatlings" that will do her bidding, destroy her enemies and help her achieve world domination.

I mean seriously, how would that even be possible? Could I simply go down to the Publix, buy some canned meat, introduce it to some sort of inator and voila, MEATLING?

It sounds like too much power for my little girl to control. Yet, it sounds so simple. I mean, I'm sure I could control it! And it would be very beneficial to me to have a rampagey meatling to, you know, do my bidding and destroy my enemies. But, well.... hmmmmmmm......

Dear Don and "Swampy," (a.k.a. the creators of Phineas and Ferb),
Please stop putting your brilliant ideas into my head!

Thank you,
Signed, "Cautiously Interested!"


For those of you who have read this far, should you have no idea what I am talking about, you may wish to count your blessings.... or you may not... I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment