Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 22, 2012

I Sir am NO Pugilist!!!

I changed the sheets on my bed today. It just needed to be done.

This set had probably gone a good two weeks more than they should have.

Of course, that isn't the most exciting thing to post on only my second blog entry, but I've got to dole some of my thoughts out gradually. Please give me time! To paraphrase Les Claypool (or whomever it was that named Primus's Greatest Hits album They Can't all be Zingers), "They Can't All Be Zingers" folks.

Anyway, I fear you would be so unamused about my comment regarding my sheets that you might just lose yourself in the moment and reply to me with something like "why would you waste my time with such a pointless blog you pugilistic bastard?" And then you might continue to say something about my mother... Try to avoid saying anything about my mother. I'm fair game, Mom is NOT!

Anyway, I can think of two reasons:
First off, have you read the name of my blog page? I pretty much admit outright that my comments may be "inane ramblings" meaning NOT NANE in addition to the fact that my mind may not be overly KEMPT!

The other reason I posted about my sheets was to push you into a position of such frustration that you would call me something like a "pugilist," a word I never knew existed until just now. I had to look it up after you called me that and it turns out you used it incorrectly. A pugilist is "someone who fights with their fists." What does that even have to do with my sheets?

But did you see what I did? I set you up. I pushed you into an irrational frame of my mind giving me a dominant position over you. You couldn't win this time. I'm sorry.

Why do people do that? Why do people often have to put themselves into a dominance position especially when it isn't even called for. You weren't threatening me. But honestly, I do feel better about myself now.

I swear my ex-wife used to set me up in no win scenarios. I didn't even know it was happening until I was in trouble. I'd give you and example but it would probably get back to her and then I'd be in trouble. OH MY GOD! SHE DID IT TO ME AGAIN!!! Maybe that's all a part of her plan.

Dammit.

Anyway, you don't always need to prove your dominance, especially over me. I'm sorry I set you up today, but I needed you to understand first hand.

I am a bit offended because it is quite obvious that you were definitely trying to hurt me by using the word pugilist, but you used it wrong... You filthy enchiridion!

No comments:

Post a Comment