Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sometimes, Rhyming is HARD!

I sat at home and tried to write.
But in my brain there was a fight.
The couch was cozy it just felt right.
What would I do on this here night?

With my laptop sitting by my side
I told myself "I'll write!" I lied.
I stared upon my twinkling keys
and pulled the blanket above my knees.

It felt so good, I felt so warm.
The breeze outside was a chilly swarm.
So I got cozy and planned to write
But instead I pulled that blanket tight.

Above my chest the blanket rose
which complimented the warmth of my clothes.
My laptop sat there all aglow
but my eyelids started getting low.

The puppy watched me from the floor.
She willed me to take her out the door.
I tried to stand but the blanket led
It pulled me back to the couch instead.

As I propped my feet on the couch down there
I felt a pillow brush my hair
I realized I was now reclined.
"This cannot be... I have not dined!"

And so I lay there, warm and cozy
and on tv was my favorite show(zy)
I felt I was starting not to care
For a night to relax is seldom and rare.

So my laundry sat out unwashed and scattered
and dirty dishes by the sink just sat there all splattered.
The puppy gave up and laid on the floor
she had lost all interest in going outside the door.

Cozy in my blanket wrapped like a cocoon
I noticed my laptop had moved across the room.
"How could that be" I stared in wonder
And the blanket got tighter just pulling me under.

My couch was so cozy like a heavenly cloud
I convinced myself reclining was all my blanket allowed.
I had no control in my blankets tight grasp.
I opted to complete not one nightly task!

And so I did nothing I just sat there and stared.
For reclining and relaxing was all that I cared.
So close to two hours I lay there all lazy.
Happily doing nothing while my eyes got all glazy.

I finally broke free of my blankets crude hold.
"But that's all I wanna do" myself I had told.
I let the dog out while I cleared my foggy head.
"I know what I'll do!  I'm GOING TO BED!!!"

The puppy came in and I turned off the lights.
I'm sure in her eyes I was a hell of a sight.
And so we curled up in bed at the ripe hour of nine.
"This sure is early" I thought "and that's fine."

More than nine hours of sleep I got in my bed.
I could not believe how clear was my head.
I remembered things like where I put my keys.
I found lost socks and shoes, "oh this is the bees knees!"

Oh, sleep how I've missed you! I feel energized!
Last night I just wanted to curl up and die.
But now I'm all perked, swimming through my house like the fishes.
Then I got to the kitchen "OH CRAP, there's the dishes!"

Now I have much to do, as I did nothing last night.
But It was all I had hoped for, in my blanket so tight.
So it's morning and once again life feels right.
And I have finally managed to focus and write!



Yup, that's all I got for you.  I don't want to hear any complaints about "showzy" and "bees knees!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment